ads

Slider[Style1]

Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

Style5

There is NOT a single verse in the complete Bible, where Jesus Christ himself says "I am God" or "Worship me." There are some statements which are misquoted by Christian missionaries to prove that Jesus Christ claimed divinity in the Bible. This post refutes such false claims.

"I and my Father are one." (John 10:30)
If we read in the context from John 10:23-29, we come to know that when Jesus Christ enters the temple of Solomon the Jews surround him. The Jews accuse Jesus Christ of blasphemy. Jesus Christ senses their evil intentions and explains to them from their scripture how his words were NOT blaspheming. Jesus Christ tells them to get away because they are NOT his followers. Jesus says that he and God help the believers remain on the right path.
And then Jesus Christ says in John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."
One in what? In their Omniscience? In their Nature? In their Omnipotence? NO! One in purpose! That once a believer has accepted faith, the Messenger sees to it that he remains in faith and God Almighty also sees to it that he remains in faith. This is the purpose of the "Father" and the "prophet" and the "Holy Ghost" and of every man and every woman of faith.
"In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". (John 1:1)
It is mentioned in the Gospel of John, Chapter 1 verse 1
"In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".
These words are not the words of Jesus (pbuh), but of St. John (or whoever is the author of this Gospel). Christian scholars say that these were the words of a Jew called Philips of Alexandria, who wrote them before Jesus and John (pbut) were born and claimed no divine inspiration for them.
The New testament is written in Greek. The first time God occurs in the quotation is "Hotheos" which literally means "the God" i.e. "And the Word was with God". But the second time when the word "God" appears in the quotation, the Greek word used is "Tontheos", which means "a god" i.e. "and the word was with god." In Hebrew there is nothing like Capital ‘G’ and small ‘g’ like in the English language. Thus Hotheos is ‘the God’ with capital ‘G’ and Tontheos is ‘a god’ with small ‘g’. Tontheos('god' with small 'g') is used for prophets in the Bible when refering to Jesus and Moses(pbut).
So the correct translation would be "In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was god(a prophet)".
In the same manner even Moses(pbuh) is called 'god'(Tontheos) in Exodus Chapter 7 Verse 1
"And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh". [Exodus 7:1]
Why is a small ‘g’ used here for God instead of Capital ‘G’?
This is nothing but playing with words by the Biblical scholars.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me." [John 14:1-6]
1.     Gospel of John Chapter 14 verses 1 – 6
 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. In order to understand the verse better we should read the context i.e. Gospel of John chapter 14 verse 1 to 6
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.’ Thomas saith unto him, ‘Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?’ Jesus saith unto him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.’" [John 14:1-6]
2.     Every prophet in his time is the way to God
Jesus (pbuh) being a prophet of God rightly said that he was the way to God. Every Prophet of God, is the truth and the way to God. Moses during his time and for his nation was the way, the truth and life and no man could come to God but through Moses. Every prophet of God in his time is the ultimate path and guidance to God. Today the last and final messenger of God is prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the way, the truth and the life; no man comes unto God but through his teachings
3.     Jesus said he that has seen me has seen the Father
Some Christians consider that Jesus by stating that "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father" in the verses to follow is a proof that Jesus claimed divinity. If you further read it is mentioned in Gospel of John, 14 verse 7 to 10:
"‘If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.’Philip saith unto him, ‘Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.’
Jesus saith unto him, ‘Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." [John 14:7-10]
4.     Knowing God is seeing God
Jesus (pbuh) says in the verse no 7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him." [John 14:7]
Seeing according to Jesus means knowing. Thus he who knows Jesus (pbuh), also knows God. The miracles and works of the prophet bear testimony to the existence of God.
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one."[1 John 5:7] (Trinity)
The word "Trinity" does not exist anywhere in the whole Bible. The verse in the Bible which is closest to "Trinity" and is often quoted by Christian missionaries is the first Epistle of John, chapter 5 verse no 7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one."
In the Revised Standard Version of the Bible (R.S.V.) revised by 32 Christian scholars of the highest eminence backed by 50 different co-operating denominations, this verse which is the keystone of the Christian faith has been removed as an interpolation, as a fabrication and as a concoction. It has not been expunged from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible by the Muslims or by non-Christian scholars, but by 32 Christian scholars of the highest eminence backed by 50 different cooperating denominations as an interpolation, as a concoction and as a fabrication because this verse does not exist in the original manuscript.
Jesus never spoke about Trinity i.e. three in one. On the contrary he says in:
The Gospel of Mark ,chapter 12, verse 29 "Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonia Ikhad" It is
a Hebrew  quotation which means:
"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
"I am alpha and omega." [Revelations 1:8 & 22:13]
If we look in context, this is in fact A DREAM which John sees. John sees many Non-existent creatures like unicorns etc in the very same dream. Then he goes on to dream about Jesus saying "I am alpha and omega." Meaning "the first and the last" and we all very well know that Jesus Christ was not the first as the Bible itself says that Jesus Christ was born in stable. We also know that he was not the last. Even the Christian brothers and sisters themselves believe that Jesus Christ was crucified (which we, Muslims do not believe).
So this is nothing, but a dream and is as authentic as the unicorns that John saw in the very same dream.
Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28)
After the alleged crucifixion of Jesus Christ, Jesus returned to the upper room and the disciples were afraid because they thought he was a ghost, a spirit. But Jesus Christ told them to touch his hands and feet and see that he was NOT a spirit because spirits do NOT have bones which Jesus had. Seeing their master alive the disciple were overjoyed and after touching the hands and feet of Jesus Christ, Thomas exclaims out of surprise,"My God, my Lord." Thomas did not call Jesus "God", he just exclaimed and referred to the Father in the Heaven. Suppose, that I am talking with you without realizing how much time has passed. Suddenly I look at my watch and seeing how much time has passed, I exclaim,"My God, my Lord." That does not mean I am calling you God. Same was the case when Thomas exclaimed,"My God, my Lord."
“ I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12) “ I am the gate; whoever enters through Me will be saved." (10:9)
Even prophet Mohammed is called the Light. So does this mean that he and Jesus are God? Certainly not! Every prophet is a source of light, knowledge and guidance for his followers because he receives the true guidance from the Lord and conveys it to the people. Anybody who follows the commandments revealed to the prophets, goes to paradise and is saved.
Jesus said that those who believe in him would be saved
Jesus rightly said so because whoever believes in the commandments revealed to the prophet of his time is saved. so whoever believed in Jesus in his time is saved. Now whoever believes in the Oneness of God and all the prophets of God from Adam to the final prophet Mohammed (peace be upon them all), would be saved.
Jesus gave life to the dead
Lets see what Jesus says about all this himself. Jesus said in John 5:30. "I can of my own self do nothing as I hear I judge and my judgement is just for I seek not my will but the will of God." So Jesus did give life to the dead and healed those born healed those born blind, and the lepers, but only with God’s permission. If you still argue this means Jesus is God, then Moses has to be a greater God than Jesus because Moses gave life to his staff and also changed it from a plant to an animal, which even Jesus never did:)
Jesus is the Son of God
Bible has sons of God in tons. As the Bible says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." (Romans 8:14) So whoever follows the commandments of God is a son of God meaning a follower of God. But Christians claim he is not any ordinary son, but is in the "begotten" son of God and as the lambs are little sheep. Thus son of God should be little God. But the sheep beget the lamb by the function of sex. The word "begotten" means sired. How dare they attribute such a thing to God?
Some Christians claim that no they do not mean this. No problem! If you say that it does not mean that, then Jesus is simply one of the thousands of other sons of God in the Bible.
Jesus Refuted even the Remotest Suggestion of his Divinity
Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible: "And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’
And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." [The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]
Leave aside being called God, Jesus Christ even refuses to be called good.
Statements by others in the Bible saying Jesus is God
I have already proved that Jesus Christ himself never claimed divinity, then the statements of others are worth nothing. Don't waste your time with them because Jesus himself never claimed divinity. So throw the other statements to the wall.
Challenge!
I have always challenged and I still challenge that if any Christian brother or sister quotes to me a single statement from the entire Bible in which Jesus says "I am God" or "Worship me," I will convert to Christianity. But make sure you do not repeat the statements already refuted above. If you can't quote then why do you believe in something Jesus Christ never told you to believe in?

About Unknown

Student of BA in Islamic Studies at the Islamic Online University. Can be reached at @LiaqatQazi
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

Top